"Gay Marriage agenda"
- I am not taking a stand on anything. The supreme court took the stand and now I am just stating a point of fact. Staying silent is still taking a stand. There is no neutral.
"Children at any age shouldn't be educated about that..."
- ignorance leads to misunderstanding and hatred
"Natural way of loving someone"
- Who decides what is natural? Church says it is procreative only. What does naturally mean? What are the different kinds of love?
- In 2015, in this country, our supreme court has dictated that people who love each other are allowed to get married.
- In nature, there are other species that love each other who are not opposite sexes.
- Studies show that 10% of the population is gay.
"Not our responsibility to expose kids to this issue.."
- Danger of a single story...
- Exposure is just another view point
- If not our responsibility, then whose is it?
- If 10% of the population is gay, then I am only talking about something that they are already exposed to in their families, communities, friendships, self.
Some key sentence starters:
- "Some people believe..."
- "In this country, in 2015..."
- "Everyone has the right to feel safe in this classroom. So..."
- Windows and mirrors: we know that everyone needs an opportunity to see him/herself in the curriculum.